I’ve been tagged! This is the first time I’ve been tagged since starting this blog – thanks Shannon! I’ll do my best to share seven random or weird facts about myself. Here are the rules:
1. I love Indian food, especially Tandoori dishes.
2. Before joining the ranks of motherhood I was a Public Affairs Officer at a foreign embassy in Washington, DC. And before that, I worked as a television news producer. Motherhood is by far the most challenging “position” I have held yet, but also the most rewarding.
3. At one point I was considering starting an event planning business when our children are older. But those plans are on hold now, as God has placed a desire on my heart to homeschool our children.
4. I love Dove Dark Chocolate…it just melts in your mouth.
5. I broke my tailbone in college when the “cherry-picker” I was on toppled to the ground, about 25 feet below. I was videotaping the football game from the end zone when the wind caught hold of the lift and caused it to fall. Very painful. There’s not much you can do for a broken tailbone. (I also had whiplash and broke my right hand, making the rest of my semester a bit challenging.)
6. I’ve walked on the floor of an active volcano (on the Big Island in Hawaii). Very cool. The lava flow was not accessible at the time we were there. Maybe next time. . .
7. About five years ago, Dave and I bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress for our bed. This has been one of the best investments we have made, especially considering how much time you spend sleeping. It is the most comfortable bed and I really miss it when we travel. Before buying it, I contacted the chiropractor’s office where I was a patient, and he advised against it, saying it wouldn’t provide enough support for my back. Well, there’s been no need to visit a chiropractor since buying the mattress.
So, there you have it…seven somewhat random facts about me. Now, as for tagging seven random bloggers. . .I think I will break the rule and limit it to just three. Here goes. . .
Sara/Sofa at Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys who is waiting to bring her little girl home from Taiwan
Pamela at Journey to Anna who just got home with her sweet little girl from Taiwan
Michele at Good Things Done By Those Who Wait – hopefully her wait for a referral will soon be over!